Here at Viridian, we never lose sight of the fact that every milestone, accolade and shining moment is the result of our steadfast commitment to creating a path to a more sustainable future. We are focused on people, planet, profit and others have taken notice, too.
This has been a particularly momentous year for Viridian when it comes to receiving third party attention for our direct selling efforts. Some of our crowning moments have included:
- Viridian jumping to No. 45 in Direct Selling News magazine’s DSN Global 100 List
- Our very own President Meredith Berkich being named one of the most influential women in direct selling by DSN
Most recently, we took center stage once again when DSN decided to profile our company. The piece, titled “Energized By Global Vision,” tells our story, one which began in 2009 with our Founder Michael Fallquist. For those website visitors unfamiliar with our tale, we got our roots when Michael—whose professional background began in the energy business—decided to create a company that married his passion for environmentalism and sustainability with a desire to create a profitable entrepreneurial path. Retail energy is traditionally sold directly to the consumer through advertising, telemarketing or door-to-door sales, but Michael set his eyes on direct selling.
Since our founding, our core product offerings have expanded tremendously. We now offer three environmentally responsible products: electricity, natural gas and solar energy. No matter how our product portfolio evolves, though, our core mission remains the same: we are focused on helping our customers and Associates’ enjoy financial relief by saving money over time when it comes to their electricity usage, explore an entrepreneurial path by joining the direct selling industry and commit to global and local stewardship to better the environment. As we share in our DSN spotlight, our commitment has been well documented. Here are some highlights:
- In 2013, we reached the DSN’s No. 45 spot, with revenues of $267 million and 22,065 active Viridian Associates in nine states
- Last year alone, our green products reduced carbon emissions by more than 2 billion pounds (that equate to more than 7 billion soda cans, 15 billion two-liter plastic bottles or 164,000 Sunday editions of “The New York Times.”)
- In the first quarter of 2014, we enrolled more than 500,000 customers and 5,000 Associates
“Our devotion and commitment to responsible energy solutions isn’t only about Viridian making a difference,” explains Meredith in the article. “It’s also about other industry leaders being inspired and changing their business practices. We’re about global change and collective impact. We want to inspire our competitors to do what we do. It’s the only way we’ll get the ripple effect that will change the world.”
It’s always a bright day when our story gets noticed by those most revered in the field. But our story has just begun and we cannot wait to see the next chapters unfold.
If you haven’t yet had the chance to read our profile piece—or share it with your team members—click here.